Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) filters combine multiple wavelengths of light together so that they can travel in parallel over a strand of fiber. Reflector gratings, sometimes called Echelle gratings, are one of the most compact and manufacturable methods. Arrayed Waveguide Gratings (AWGs) and ring resonators are also used, depending upon the application.
- Low power and compact reconfigurable multiplexing device based on silicon microring resonators
- Low power and compact reconfigurable silicon multiplexing devices
- Monolithic Chip-to-chip WDM Optical Proximity Coupler Utilizing Echelle Grating Multiplexer/Demultiplexer Integrated with Micro Mirrors Built on SOI Platform
- Monolithic WDM Filter in Silicon-on-Insulator for Diplexer/Triplexer Application
- Novel Fabrication Tolerant Flat-Top Demultiplexers Based on Etched Diffraction Gratings in SOI
- Silicon Photonics Filters for High Speed Data Transmission
- Fabrication Insensitive Echelle Grating in Silicon-on-Insulator Platform